Here are some of the natural remedies for your skin
The citric acid in the lemon juice acts as an astringent. Its antiseptic property lightens skin discoloration and also restores the PH balance of the skin.
- Squeeze a little of lemon juice and apply directly on to the pimple. This makes the antioxidants in the lemon juice restrict the action of free radicals that usually forms the pimples.
- Mix one tablespoonful of groundnut oil with one teaspoonful of lime juice and apply on the whole face, let it stay overnight, wash the face the following morning using lukewarm water.
- For oily skin; take one teaspoonful of lemon juice and mix with a one-half teaspoonful of distilled water. Apply the mixture on the face, wait for 10 minutes and rinse with clean water. Apply a natural moisturizer. This should be done once a week.
- Mix lemon juice, honey, and milk to make a thick paste. Spread on the skin and leave for 10-15 minutes, use cold water to clean. This should be done once on a daily basis to control the oily skin.
Note that the lemon juice can make your skin sensitive to light; therefore avoid sunlight whenever it is applied on the face.
It dries up the skin blemishes, tones and tightens up the skin
- Mix an egg white thoroughly, apply on the face, wait until dry and clean the face with water. To be done twice in a week.
- Mix a whipped egg white with one teaspoonful of lemon juice, apply on the face, leave it for 15-20 minutes then rinse the face.
It contains strong microbial properties. Cinnamon mixed with honey is the best remedy for pimples.
- Grind cinnamon, add honey and mix thoroughly, spread a little paste on each pimple and allow it to stay overnight, rinse off using lukewarm water. Can be done on a daily basis until the pimples disappear.
They have a cooling, astringent and clarifying effect that banishes oily skin, they contain a lot of Vitamin C that helps to cure acne.
- Cut the tomato into half and apply the juice onto the skin, leave it for 15-20 minutes, wash the skin.
- Tomato juice cans also are mixed with honey to make and be applied as a face mask.
They contain a strong antimicrobial. The turmeric paste keeps skin healthy and glowing; it can also be consumed with little milk to keep the skin flawless.
- The turmeric is mixed with coconut oil and applied to the pimple, leave it overnight, wash the face the following morning.
- Grind dry neem leaves, mix with turmeric powder and some rose water, apply the paste to the pimple and leave for 20 minutes, rinse the face.
They have a cooling, astringent properties and hence very beneficial to oily skin. They contain magnesium and potassium. They are also rich in vitamins.
- Cut the cucumber and rub on the face, leave overnight and rinse the face, this should be done daily.
- Mix cucumber juice with lime juice, spread on the skin, after it dries, rinse off.
It has anti-aging properties and therefore can be applied on the skin to prevent quick aging.
Also when applied on the scalp, it prevents dandruff.