Thai style stir-fry allowing you to get reap all the goodness from the crunchy vegetables. Enjoy the mixed flavours of Thai basil, lime and ginger.
Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
Serves : 2
Nutrition: per serving
• Kcal 228
• Fat 7g
• Carbs 20g
• Sugars 18g
• Fibre 3g
• Protein 22g
• Salt 2.6g
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 lemongrass stalks, tough outer leaves removed, the rest finely chopped
• Thumb-sized piece ginger, shredded
• 100g fresh pineapple chunks
• 100g green bean
• 100g whole cherry tomato
• 200g raw king prawn
• Small pack Thai basil leaves or regular basil leaves
For the sauce
• 4 tbsp lime juice, plus wedges to serve
• 2 tbsp liquid chicken stock
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
1. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large wok. Sauté the lemongrass and ginger until golden.
3. Add the pineapple, beans and cherry tomatoes, and stir-fry for 3-5 mins until the beans are just cooked.
4. Add the prawns and the sauce. Stir-fry for another 3-5 mins until the prawns are cooked, then throw in most of the basil leaves.
5. Serve with lime wedges and the remaining basil leaves scattered over.
Recipe from Good Food magazine ( Feb 2014)