Preperation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Difficulty : Easy
The combination of broccoli and kale with coriander, ginger and turmeric gives a super healthy nutrient dense low fat soup which id ideal for lunchtime.
Nutrition : per serving
• kcal 182
• fat 8g
• carbs 14g
• sugars 4g
• fibre 5g
• salt 0.7g
• 500ml stock, made by mixing 1 tbsp bouillon powder and boiling water in a jug
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• 2 sliced garlic cloves, sliced
• ginger, sliced (thumb-sized piece)
• half tsp ground coriander
• 3cm piece fresh turmeric, root, peeled and grated or half tsp ground turmeric
• pinch of Pink himalayan salt
• 200g courgettes, roughly sliced
• 85g broccoli
• 100g kale, chopped
• 1 lime, zested and juiced
• small pack parsley, roughly chopped ( reserve few whole leafs to serve)
1. Put the oil in a deep pan, add the garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric and salt, fry on a medium heat for 2 mins, then add 3 tbsp water to give a bit more moisture to the spices.
2. Add the courgettes, making sure you mix well to coat the slices in all the spices, and continue cooking for 3 mins. Add 400ml stock and leave to simmer for 3 mins.
3. Add the broccoli, kale and lime juice with the rest of the stock. Leave to cook again for another 3-4 mins until all the vegetables are soft.
4. Take off the heat and add the chopped parsley. Pour everything into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. It will be a beautiful green with bits of dark speckled through (which is the kale). Garnish with lime zest and parsley.
Recipe from Good Food magazine( jan 2015)