A low fat, superhealthy, vegetarian midweek meal – you can even freeze any leftovers for later.
PREPERATION TIME :15 MINS
COOKING TIME:45 MINS
• Nutrition: per serving
• Kcal 215
• Fat 8g
• Saturates 2g
• Carbs 29g
• Sugars 4g
• Fibre 5g
• Protein 9g
• Salt 0.77g
• 100g baby spinach
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 500g mushroom, such as chestnut, shiitake and button
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 250ml vegetable stock (made from half a low sodium vegetable stock cube)
• 300g cooked new potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 tbsp grain mustard
• 1 tsp freshly gratednutmeg
• 2 heaped tbsp light crème fraîche
• 3 sheets filo pastry
• 300g each green beans and broccoli, steamed
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Wilt spinach in a colander by pouring a kettleful of hot water over it.
2. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry mushrooms on a high heat until golden. Add garlic and cook for 1 min, then tip in stock, mustard, nutmeg and potatoes. Bubble for a few mins until reduced. Season, then remove from the heat; add crème fraîche and spinach. Pour into a pie dish and allow to cool for a few mins.
3. Brush filo with remaining oil, quarter sheets then loosely scrunch up and lay on top of pie filling. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Serve with vegetables.
Recipe from Good Food magazine (JULY 2015)